Everyone who attends an Adult MHFA One Day course will learn to:
- Recognise the main signs and symptoms of mental ill health.
- Provide initial help.
- Guide the person towards appropriate professional help.
- Develop an understanding of how they can create and maintain a healthier and more productive workforce.
- Be mindful of their own wellbeing.
- About Mental Health First Aid.
- About Mental Health and stress in the workplace.
- Stigma and discrimination.
- Anxiety disorders.
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, and psychosis).
- Early warning signs of mental ill-health.
- Alcohol, drugs, and mental health.
Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis.
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally.
- Action 3: Give support and information.
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help.
- Action 5: Encourage other supports.
- Building a mentally healthy workforce.
- Action planning for using MHFA.