Together with The National Centre for Suicide Prevention Education and Training (NCSPET) we are delivering more Suicide First Aid training, accredited by City & Guilds to workplaces.
Suicide First Aid Understanding Suicide Intervention, is the UK’s National Accredited Unit of Learning at level 4 in Suicide Prevention. Empower your organisation to support your wider wellbeing approach by training your employees in Suicide First Aid.
This one-day course is ideal for employees who seek greater understanding and confidence to intervene with people at risk of suicide, and to help create suicide- safety as a first aid approach in the workplace.
This course can support People Managers, HR and Wellbeing teams, and Employee Advisors.
It is also ideal for supporting those who have already completed a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England course and can support and enhance the already valuable skills of MHFAiders® and Wellbeing Champions in supporting individuals in crisis.
Learners will gain:
- Knowledge to spot the signs of someone who may be thinking about suicide
- Confidence to intervene and help create a suicide-safety plan as a first aid approach
- Skills to offer support to someone in distress or who may be experiencing suicide thoughts
- Knowledge of helpful and destigmatising language when talking about suicide
- A deep understanding of how you would have a supportive conversation with someone who needs to stay safe from suicide
- An understanding of factors that contribute to suicide thoughts
- Online course structured across four sessions. Each session is 1hr 30min, with intermittent breaks throughout
- All course materials are digital
- Learning takes place through an instructor-led live session with group activities and discussions
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes this course gets:
- A digital workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
- A certificate of attendance