DEAR ALL DUE TO A TECHNICAL ISSUE, WE WHERE UNABLE TO START OUR SUICIDE PREVENTION WEBINAR, PLEASE STAY CONNECTED WITH US, AS WE WILL BE REARRANGING THE DATE.
WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.
This webinar aims to teach the basic skills needed to identify someone who may be thinking about suicide and to enable them to engage the support they need , eventually signposting that person onto a suicide first aider or other professional support.
The insight gained from this webinar on the topic of suicide and the continuum that prevails will aid learners to become more aware of their interactions with people potentially needing support.
Date: March 22, 2023
Time: Wednesday, 6:00 – 7:30 PM
Facilitator Name: Michelle Kelly
The learning outcomes aim to raise your insight so that you can spot the early signs of someone needing support, before they escalate to crisis point. Statistics show that the earlier intervention takes place the better the outcomes are for a fuller recovery.
- Understand how language and the Stigma that can be attached can hinder or aid the support of someone in crisis.
- Understand the Suicide Continuum
- Understand the Intention of behavior versus outcome of behavior
- Postvention, responding to safeguard after an incident
- Understand the importance of self-care when supporting others in crisis
For more information on this webinar please visit: https://chooselovemovement.org/events/suicide-prevention/?occurrence=2023-03-22
For more information on choose love events please visit: https://legacy.chooselovemovement.org/events/